National Certified Food Managers License

If you want to own a National Certified Food Manager License (CFM License), you need to pass a nationally credited exam. The TLW course prepares you first and then administers the exam the same day. For establishments with more than five (5) food handlers you MUST have a licensed certified Food Manager on staff at each location. A food handler means – any individual engaged in the preparation or processing of food. Examples include:

     • a chef
     • a waitress that prepares a salad
     • a server that scoops ice cream
     • a bartender that cooks a frozen pizza or drops breaded mushrooms, etc. into a fryer